How to Install Wintersmith into Jelastic PaaS
Wintersmith is a simple but flexible multi-platform static site generator, built on top of Node.js. It allows users to freely manage the content, transforming its structure and integrating different plugins and templates. In addition, if you are not satisfied with any plugin among the impressive amount of the preconfigured ones, you can easily create and use your own plugin.
So, follow the tutorial below in order to find out how to host your Wintersmith site generator within Jelastic PaaS.
Create an Environment
1. Log in to your Jelastic account and click the Create environment button.
2. To begin, create your Node.js project by selecting the corresponding tab in the opened dialog window, wherein the NodeJS application server will be already automatically chosen.
So just specify the required amount of fixed and dynamic cloudlets for it in the Vertical scaling section, type your environment name (for example, wintersmith) and click the Create button.
3. Wait for about a minute until your environment is created and appears at the dashboard.
1. Navigate to the Wintersmith project page at GitHub and select the Copy to the clipboard button (circled at the image below) for its HTTPS URL at the right pane.
2. Return to the Jelastic dashboard and Add Wintersmith project to your NodeJS application server using the appropriate button.
3. You’ll see the Add project dialog frame appeared. The Git tab will be selected by default, so just insert the previously copied link to its URL input field and click the Add button.
Wait until your project is built and deployed.
Start the Application
1. Once the above-mentioned operations are finished, click the Config icon next to the NodeJS application server in order to start configuring your app.
2. In the opened Configuration Manager tab, locate the package.json file within the webroot/ROOT directory and add the next line to its scripts section in the same way it is shown in the image below:
3. Save the changes you’ve made and Restart your NodeJS server with the appropriate button.
Note: You should wait until the processes you have initiated with the command above (installation of the required dependencies and creation of a new jelastic folder with project inside) are successfully completed.
The progress can be tracked through the log files of your NodeJS server (use the corresponding Log button next to it).
4. Now you need to edit the scripts section in the package.json file one more time. Change the previously added prestart line to the following start command:
5. Save the performed changes and Restart the NodeJS server once again.
Now you are ready to Open your application in Browser - click the corresponding button next to the wintersmith environment.
Great! You’ve just hosted your own Wintersmith project with the help of the Jelastic platform.
In the opened page you’ll find a lot of useful information for further Wintersmith usage. Enjoy!