For Windows operating system, the process of SSH connection establishment via Jelastic Gate is slightly different, since it requires to additionally handle SSH private key at your local machine. We’ll consider the needed operations with the example of PuTTYgen tool.
1. First, generate an SSH keypair and add a public key to the dashboard.
2. Run PuTTYgen and save private SSH key, which corresponds to the public one you’ve previously added to the dashboard.
Click on Save private key version and specify the path and name of the file it will be saved to.
3. Next, download and launch PuTTY SSH authentication agent (i.e. Pageant). In the opened window, click Add key button and navigate to the local file you’ve saved a private key to.
Then you can Close the window, so that Pageant will be rolled to the tray.
Note: Do not exit Pageant agent until SSH session (established in the next step) is closed, otherwise connection will be lost.
4. One more required tool is PuTTY SSH client itself. Once it has been downloaded and launched, access the Session tab located in the left-side Category section.
Fill in the Host Name (or IP address) field with your SSH connection string, that can be seen in the Settings > SSH Keychain > Public tab at the dashboard. Specify 3022 Port number and press the Open button.
5. Thereafter, a console with the list of available environments from your dashboard will be displayed.
6. Upon selecting the required environment, you’ll see a list of containers provisioned for it.
Select a specific container (if there are several ones) or action by entering a corresponding number.
That’s it! Manage your VPS node with full root privileges granted, while operating with Windows OS.