Here's a step-by-step tutorial on how to deploy TYPO3, an enterprise-class, open source CMS (Content Management System), into Jelastic PHP cloud.
So, let's get started!
- Create an environment
- Log in toJelastic Manager
- While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left:
- Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.4 and MySQL (or MariaDB) database. Specify your cloudlet limits and name of your environment (for example, typo3). Click Create.
- Upload application package
- Visit the official TYPO3 web-site to download the latest TYPO3 version as a zip package (the downloading will start automatically).
- Using the Deployment manager upload the package you've just downloaded.
- Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
- Environment Configurations
- Install TYPO3
- Click Open in browser button next to the Apache node.
- The Typo3 installation will be started. Click Continue.
- In the Connect to your database host window choose the MySQL/MySQLi driver and fill in the Username and Password fields with credentials to your database (you've got them via email while creating the environment). Put database server address in the Host field and click Continue button.
- Then specify the name of a new database (for example, typo3) and click Continue button.
- In the next window choose the Introduction package. Click Continue.
- The installation will be started. Wait a few minutes for its completion.
- Finally, enter the password for access to TYPO3 Admin Panel and choose the color of TYPO3 main page.
- Congratulations! The TYPO3 was installed. Click Go to your Website button.
- Now you can see a default main page. Click Log into TYPO3.
- Here just enter your login and password (which you've stated in the 7th step) and click Login.
- Your admin page will be opened.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
You need to disable zend_extension in order to get your TYPO3 application up and running. For that follow the next steps:
1. Click Config button for Apache server.
2. Navigate to etc > php.ini file and comment the following line:
3. Don’t forget to Save the changes and Restart your application server.
That's it! Now you have your own TYPO3 in Jelastic PHP Cloud.