How to Install StrongLoop into Jelastic PaaS
With StrongLoop API Server you are able to develop, deploy, secure and scale REST APIs at a record speed.
The main StrongLoop components are:
- LoopBack, an open-source framework for Node;
- StrongLoop Controller, a Node devops system;
- Application monitoring, for app’s metrics controlling;
- other resources for Node.js developers and devops professionals.
These components, which can be used together or separately, make up a complete Node.js API server. The parts are modular so you can mix and match them as needed.
In this instruction, you’ll find out how to deploy the LoopBack framework example application at Jelastic PaaS.
Create an Environment
1. Log in to the Jelastic Platform and click the Create environment button on the upper left corner of the dashboard.
2. In the opened window, switch to the Node.js tab. The only available application server will be chosen by default, therefore just specify the maximum resources usage limit for it (use the cloudlets sliders), type your environment name (e.g. strongloop), and click Create button.
3. Wait for a minute until your environment is created.
1. To run your LoopBack application, you need to access your environment via SSH protocol.
2. Once you’ve established the SSH connection to your Jelastic account, select strongloop environment from the list of available ones.
3. Then enter the NodeJS container.
4. Now let’s run the LoopBack application sample. Go to the ROOT folder with the next command:
5. While inside, you need to download the appropriate project from the repository storage. Type the following line for that:
git clone https://github.com/strongloop/loopback-example-app
6. Enter your newly created loopback-example-app directory and install the required libraries:
cd loopback-example-app npm install
7. The last thing you need to do before you can start your project is to disable the default Node.js application and allow our project to run instead. Execute the next string:
sudo service cartridge stop
8. Now you can run your LoopBack application using the following command:
9. Finally, return to your Jelastic dashboard and run the project by means of pressing Open in Browser next to your strongloop environment.
Congratulations! You have just hosted a LoopBack sample application at the Jelastic platform.
LoopBack’s welcome page contains a lot of detailed information that will help you to continue to work with LoopBack in creating APIs. Good luck.