Session Replication via Memcached
Jelastic provides Session Replication between instances of web-servers with a help of multicast. But also you can use Session Replication via Memcached.
To use memcached for session replication follow this instruction.
1. Log into the Jelastic Manager.
2. Click Create environment.
3. In the Environment topology window choose two or more servers you want to use (for example, two instances of Tomcat) and Memcached node. Type the name of the environment (for example, memcachedreplication) and click Create.
4. In a minute your environment will be created.
Configure application server
Also download memcached-session-manager-tc7-1.6.2.jar, spymemcached-2.8.4.jar, msm-kryo-serializer-1.6.1.jar, kryo-1.03.jar, reflectasm-0.9.jar, kryo-serializers.jar, joda-time.jar and minlog-1.2.jar.
2. Click Config for Tomcat.
3. In the opened window choose lib folder and upload the .jar file you’ve just downloaded.
4. Choose server folder and open context.xml file.
5. Update context.xml so that it contains the Manager configuration for the memcached-session-manager, like this:
6. In the string memcachedNodes add your memcached host and default port (11211). In our case we have:
In order to get your memcached host, simply add the ‘memcached-’ prefix to your environment hostname (which is displayed in a string just under the name of your environment).
7. Save the changes and Restart your server node (in our case Tomcat).
That’s all. Now your have a high available cluster with all the advantages of Memcached.