1. Press Open in browser button for MySQL node in the environment.
2. Log in to the admin panel using credentials Jelastic sent you after environment creation. Navigate to the SQL tab.
3. You’ll see the empty form for executing SQL request. Enter the following line there and click Go to create a new databese.
CREATE DATABASE redmine CHARACTER SET utf8;
4. Then navigate back to the Jelastic dashboard and click Config button next to the Apache server.
5. In the opened Configuration Manager navigate to the webroot > config folder, find database.yml.example file and copy its content.
6. Then create new database.yml file in the same (config) folder and paste the copied strings to it.
7. Now you need to configure the connection to DB using the data of your MYSQL database.
Section for custom configurations should be chosen depending on the deployment type you’ve selected while environment creation (production in our case).
Specify MySQL host (URL to your database without http://) and credentials you’ve received while environment creation in username and password strings.
|Note: in case you are going to change the deployment type to another one (development or testing) later, you should specify these connection parameters in all appropriate sections also.|
8. Save the changes made.