Public IP can be attached to any software stack in your environment (except, Memcached node), representing a more stable solution with less risk to be affected by other applications. Also, it opens access to such features as FTP add-on, Custom SSL, remote debugging from IDE, WebSockets, etc.Jelastic supports two versions of the Internet Protocol:
- Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) is the fourth revision in the development of the IP and the first version of the protocol to be widely deployed
Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is the most recent IP version, which is an evolutionary upgrade of IPv4 and is designed to fulfill the need of more addresses, provide better multicast routing and simplify processing by routers
Here, upon hovering over IPs, you can get access to the following functionality:
- Copy to Clipboard - copies the appropriate address in one click
- Attach/Detach IP(s) - allows adjusting a number of Public IPs (both IPv4 and IPv6)
Detach IP - removes a particular address
- The Public IP is a paid option, which is charged for every hour of its usage. The exact price is defined by your particular hosting service provider and can be found at the Quotas & Pricing > Pricing > Options frame of the dashboard.
- If you have Public IP enabled for any node in your environment, you can't use the swap domains functionality for it. Consider utilizing the swap Public IPs API instead.
- If working with multiple Public IPs, the very first external address attached (of each IPv4 and IPv6 types) is considered a primary one and can only be deleted last. It is used for both incoming and outgoing traffic, while the rest of IPs can only receive it.