How to Deploy PrestaShop to Jelastic PaaS
You can have a PrestaShop instance up and running within minutes using Jelastic one-click install option.
The process is simple - just click Get it hosted now, type your email and install PrestaShop in a minute, skipping the steps of manual installation.
Find the full list of applications available for one-click installation at our Marketplace page.
Manual PrestaShop Installation
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to deploy PrestaShop, popular all over the world online stores platform, into Jelastic PaaS.
So, let’s get started!
1. Log in to the Jelastic dashboard.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left:
3. Pick Apache PHP application server and MySQL database.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
Upload Application Package
1. Go to PrestaShop site, download the latest PrestaShop version as a zip package and upload it using Deployment manager.
2. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. For using PrestaShop you need to include gd.so, xcache.so, apc.so, memcache.so modules. For this click Config button for your Apache server, navigate to etc/php.ini and add extension=gd.so, extension=xcache.so, extension=apc.so, extension=memcache.so lines as it is shown in the picture below:
Click Open in Browser button next to the MySQL node. Log in to phpMyAdmin using credentials, which you’ve got via email while creating your environment. Create an account and the same-named database.
4. Go back to the dashboard and restart Apache node.
5. That’s all. Now you can open your application in browser and install it. Process of installation is rather simple, but let’s pay a little attention to the database connection. Just fill in form with database server address, database name, login and password which you’ve used while creating your MySQL user.
Now you can easily configure your online-store and install it.
Hope this instruction will be helpful for you.