Now we need to connect our GeoServer application with the PostgreSQL database. For this we’ll create a data store for our nyc database.
1. Navigate to the Jelastic dashboard and open the GeoServer environment (press Open in browser next to it).
2. In the opened browser tab log in with the default GeoServer credentials (admin/geoserver).
3. Then navigate to the Data > Stores menu item in the left-hand panel and click Add new Store line.
4. In the New data source window press PostGIS - PostGIS Database option.
5. In the appeared New Vector Data Source window fill in the following fields:
Select the cite Workspace from the dropdown list.
Enter the Data Source Name (for example, nyc_buildings) and a brief Description.
host - database host can be taken from the Info button
database - name of the database you’ve created with PostGIS extension (in our case, nyc)
user and passwd - credentials to the PostgreSQL you’ve received while creating the environment
Other fields are filled by default, you can leave the initial values.
Also scroll a little bit lower and check if the Validate connections line is ticked. Then press Save.
The connection is established and as a result you can see the uploaded to PostreSQL nyc_buildings in the list of application resources.