How to Install Portofino into your Jelastic PaaS
Portofino is an open source web framework, which helps developers to create the outstanding enterprise applications. It was designed to comply with the following widely-spread requirements:
- productivity: Portofino gives results quickly (using its wizard you can create webapp just in a 30 seconds!) and allows developers to stay productive during the whole cycle of project implementation.
- features: Portofino package includes the set of features for common enterprise needs, that users will appreciate.
- architecture: Portofino has a well layered, flexible, and secure architecture, which is simple to understand.
So, let’s find out how to get the Portofino application hosted with the help of Jelastic platform.
Create an Environment
1. Log in to the Jelastic Platform and click Create environment button in the upper left corner of the dashboard.
2. Choose Tomcat and MySQL instances at the Java tab. Name your environment (e.g. portofino), define the required amount of resources within cloudlets sliders, and click Create button.
3. Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
Upload and Deploy the Application
1. Navigate to the Portofino website and click Download button in order to get the application package.
2. After you were automatically redirected to the SourceForge site, navigate to the Files section.
3. Open the manydesigns-portofino directory and select a folder with the latest Portofino version. Download the archive (named portofino-x.x.zip) it contains.
4. Unzip the archive you’ve just downloaded.
5. Go to your Jelastic dashboard and click Upload button at the Jelastic Deployment Manager tab. In the opened frame browse to the ROOT.war file, located in the portofino-x.x/apache-tomcat-7.0.54/webapps/ folder of the extracted archive, and click Upload.
6. Then press Deploy to icon next to the Portofino .war file, choose the environment you’ve created before, and confirm the deployment in the opened window.
7. Once the deployment is successfully finished, launch the application by means of pressing Open in browser button next to your environment.
Congrats! For now you can start working with your own Portofino web framework, easily hosted within Jelastic PaaS.