How to Deploy phpMyFAQ into your Jelastic PHP Cloud
phpMyFAQ is a multilingual database-driven FAQ-system. It supports various databases and PHP 5.3 (or higher).
- multi-language Content Management-System (CMS) with a WYSIWYG editor and an Image Manager;
- HTML Editor;
- flexible multi-user support with user and group based permissions, templates;
- PDF support;
- Facebook and Twitter support;
- LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory support;
- Easy-to-use installation script.
It is easy to install this application into your Jelastic Cloud. Just follow the next steps.
Create an Environment
NOTE: If you don’t have a Jelastic account, please register it as described in the Getting Started document.
1. Log in to Jelastic Platform and click Create environment button in the upper left corner of the dashboard.
2. Choose the PHP tab. Pick Apache as your application server and MySQL as a database. Name your environment or use the default name. State the cloudlet limit for each added node. Click the Create button.
Your new environment will be created in seconds. You have received two emails as well: the first one with the confirmation of the successful creation of the environment and the second one – with MySQL authorization details.
1. Open the letter with MySQL node successfully added subject in your email box. Find there your Access URL, Login and Password.
2. Enter the phpMyAdmin panel by clicking on the Access URL. Add your username and password (or copy them from the email).
3. Go to the Users tab, create a new user (e.g. phpmy) with an option Create database with same name and grant all privileges ticked.
Upload and Install the Application
1. Go to phpMyFAQ official site and download the latest version as .zip archive.
2. Go to your Jelastic dashboard and click Upload in the Jelastic Deployment Manager window. Choose your local archive file and push the Upload button.
3. Then click the Config button for Apache server in your environment.
4. You can see a config manager below. Navigate to the ROOT folder (/webroot/ROOT) and create new attachments, data, and images folders (without capital letters).
5. Open your application by clicking the Open in browser button.
6. You have reached a phpMyFAQ Setup page. Fill in all the needed fields here:
- Database hostname (without http://);
- Database user (the one you’ve created during database configuration);
- Database password (you’ve created during database configuration);
- Your email.
And choose three more parameters for administrator:
Press the Click to install phpMyFAQ button.
7. You will be redirected to the Survey page. Enjoy it and click the Click here to submit the data and finish the installation process link.
8. Here you can see your version of phpMyFAQ and login into your admin section.
9. Go back to your Jelastic dashboard and open Apache configuration manager. Navigate to the /webroot/ROOT/install folder. Find update.php file there and delete it.
Your application is installed into your Jelastic Cloud. Enjoy!