The forever process manager is the simple CLI tool, which allows to make your NodeJS processes run continuously. It permanently keeps a child process (such as your project on the Node.js web server) and automatically restart it upon failure.
Run the next command to get the main information on the forever manager usage, actions, usage, etc:
Also, using forever you can specify the application options in a JSON file. For example, for the default Draw game (available after Node.js server installation), this /home/jelastic/ROOT/forever.json file looks like:
- uid - sets unique name for your app
- append - selects if logs should be supplemented (true) or overwritten (false)
- watch - allows to enable or disable automatic restart of a child process upon the appropriate application code changes
- script - defines a name of the executable .js file
- sourceDir - provides an absolute path to the specified script