This section assumes that you are configuring NodeBB of 0.6 version or lower (in this example, we’ll use the latest product suitable distribution, i.e. v0.6.x).
- preceding NodeBB versions may have some deviations in setup configurations
- in case you need to launch NodeBB of a higher version, please append the MongoDB server to your environment (instead of the Redis one) and follow this instruction
1. To run the NodeBB application properly, you need to access your environment via Jelastic SSH Gateway.
In case you haven’t done similar operations before, you need to:
2. Once the connection is established, select the environment with NodeBB project added within the appeared list.
3. Remember LAN IP addresses of your Redis-2.6 node (you’ll need it for further configurations) and continue with choosing the Nodejs container.
4. Now you need to load all the necessary package dependencies and execute the setup file, located in the ROOT folder, to install NodeBB itself:
sudo npm install
5. During the NodeBB configuration, you’ll be asked to enter the data, required for installation.
For that, follow the tips in bold within the list below:
6. Since this is the first time this application is setup, you’ll be additionally asked to create an administrator user for your forum:
Afterwards, just wait until the installation is successfully finished.
7. Next, in order to allow the new settings to be applied, you need to stop the current NodeBB process. This could be done using the following command:
8. Finally, return to the Jelastic dashboard and click the Restart nodes icon for the NodeJS application server in order to apply the changes.
9. That’s it! Now you can access your application using the Open in browser button for the appropriate environment.
Congrats! Now you have your own NodeBB forum platform, hosted at Jelastic PaaS.
Also, you can access the NodeBB admin panel (through appending the /admin suffix to the address bar and specifying the administrator credentials you’ve stated during setup) and proceed to configuring your forum, register new users, create posts and, generally, start socializing with others.
If you experience any problems with NodeBB deployment or configuration, you can appeal to our technical experts’ assistance at Stackoverflow