NOTE: This node is optional since it is based on cartridge packaging model. If this server is not available at your wizard, please contact your hosting provider for its activation.
Neo4j is an open-source graph database supported by Neo Technology. It stores data in nodes connected by directed, typed relationships with properties on both, also known as a Property Graph. This database uses the most generic data structure, capable of elegantly representing any kind of data in a highly accessible way.
Main Neo4j features include improved reliability with full ACID transactions, high scalability and availability, fast data processing, etc.The most significant enhancements that are provided within Neo4j 2 version:
- Java 7 support (instead of Java 6)
- ability to mark the nodes as members of a named group
- integrated browser as a fluid developer workbench
cypher advancement (new clauses and functions, improved syntax)
- getting rid of limitations on the amount of nodes, relationships and properties
- a set of official drivers and Bolt protocol for the most efficient interaction with popular engines
- improved optimizer for write queries, aimed to boost database performance
new files, configurations and logs structure for better operability