Mount External Server
Jelastic allows to mount data from outside of the Platform (i.e from the external NFS server - your custom one or container at another Jelastic installation) as simple as within its confines.
If you are already familiar with NFS server configurations, just proceed below to mounting itself; otherwise, follow the link to check our example.
1. Within the Add Mount Point section, switch to the External Server tab. and specify the following data: * Mount Point - path to the local folder the mounted content will be displayed at
- if the specified directory doesn’t exist, it will be created automatically
- path can’t start with /proc, /dev, /sys, /run or be equal to the following: /, /bin, /lib, /lib64, /lib32, /usr, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 (this list may vary based on your provider’s settings)
- NFS Server - external IP of the data storage server or its custom domain name
- Remote path - exported files location on NFS server
- Mount to all nodes - switcher to set the same mounts to be added for all nodes within the layer
- Read Only - turn the switcher on to restrict the mounted data editing at client nodes (by default, the read & write rights are provided) Confirm with Add button.
2. In a while, your data will be mounted and the appropriate record will appear in the list.
Now, you can start using the exported data based on the specified permissions.