Jelastic allows to mount data from outside of the Platform (i.e from the external NFS server - your custom one or container at another Jelastic installation) as simple as within its confines.
Note that a special adjustment may be required to be applied to your custom storage instance before mounting, in order to make data available for client (it this has not been done before).If you are already familiar with NFS server configurations, just proceed below to mounting itself; otherwise, follow the link to check our example.
1. Within the Add Mount Point section, switch to the External Server tab.
and specify the following data:
- Mount Point - path to the local folder the mounted content will be displayed at
- if the specified directory doesn’t exist, it will be created automatically
- path can’t start with /proc, /dev, /sys, /run or be equal to the following: /, /bin, /lib, /lib64, /lib32, /usr, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 (this list may vary based on your provider’s settings)
- NFS Server - external IP of the data storage server or its custom domain name
- Remote path - exported files location on NFS server
- Mount to all nodes - switcher to set the same mounts to be added for all nodes within the layer
Read Only - turn the switcher on to restrict the mounted data editing at client nodes (by default, the read & write rights are provided)
Confirm with Add button.
2. In a while, your data will be mounted and the appropriate record will appear in the list.
Now, you can start using the exported data based on the specified permissions.