LiteSpeed Web Server
The LiteSpeed Web Server is a high performance and low memory consumption PHP web server with high scalability. It is built based on the best practices of the PHP hosting, utilizing the benefits of both Apache and NGINX implementations, and integrating its own optimizations.
The feature-rich structure of the LiteSpeed application server includes the following specifics:
- an event-driven architecture (like NGINX) consumes fewer resources than Apache process-based model, ensuring better performance with minimum memory and CPU usage
- full compatibility with commonly used Apache features including mod_rewrite, .htaccess, and mod_security
- individual optimization for the most popular hosting platforms (e.g. WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- support of the caching plugins, cutting-edge anti-DDoS features, built-in WAF security, etc.
1. Log in to the dashboard and click the New Environment button at the top of the page.
2. Within the opened topology wizard, switch to the PHP engine tab and choose LiteSpeed Web Server as your application server.
You may want to adjust some dedicated environment variables to customize your LiteSpeed Web Server:
- JELASTIC_AUTOCONFIG - enables (enabled, by default) or disables (disabled) autoconfiguration of the LiteSpeed worker processes count based on the allocated RAM and number of CPU cores
- REDIS_ENABLED - enables (true) or disables (false, by default) object caching with Redis
- WAF - enables (true) or disables (false, by default) Web Application Firewall with the Comodo default ruleset
- WP_PROTECT - configures an action for the WordPress Brute Force Attack Protection feature (off|on|drop|deny|throttle|captcha; off by default)
- WP_PROTECT_LIMIT - sets a limit for the WordPress Brute Force Attack Protection feature (0|1|2-1000; 10 by default)
3. After creation, you can view the default phpinfo data on the server by clicking Open in Browser next to your LiteSpeed server:
4. To start managing the server, access the Admin Panel with the appropriate button in the Additionally list next to the layer (access credentials are sent via email after the node creation).
There are some specifics while working with the Jelastic PaaS implementation of the LiteSpeed via the admin panel:
to ensure container stability, the Jelastic-native redeploy feature should be used instead of the Actions > Version Manager functionality
the notification about the license key expiration in the Actions > Server Log Viewer should be ignored as the leasing is automatically managed by the platform
The application deployment process is the same as for any other Jelastic application server.
Specifically for Jelastic PaaS, there was created a more flexible pricing model for LiteSpeed servers that suits dynamic cloud environments. You can start with free licenses using up to 2 GB per environment. Then the price will depend on the tiers according to the RAM usage.
|RAM / Cloudlets Consumption||Pricing (USD)|
|up to 2 GB (16 cloudlets)||free of charge|
|up to 8 GB (64 cloudlets)||0.014$ per hour (10$ per month)|
|over 8 GB (64 cloudlets)||0.022$ per hour (16$ per month)|
Pricing may vary depending on the country and chosen service provider. Herewith, all the account charges can be viewed via the Billing History in the dashboard.