LiteSpeed Web ADC
The LiteSpeed Web ADC (Application Delivery Controller) is a high-performance HTTP load balancing solution. It not just distribute traffic but also improves the speed and reliability of the services on the backend. Such benefits are achieved through the implementation and support of the most innovative and efficient technologies required for load balancing, e.g. next-generation HTTP/3 (QUIC) transport protocol.
LiteSpeed Web ADC is suitable for the projects of any scale, being able to handle everyday traffic and seasonal spikes alike. This balancer will surely get the most of your application due to its numerous features.
1. Log in and click the New Environment button at the top of the dashboard.
2. Configure the preferred topology via the opened wizard and choose LiteSpeed Web ADC as your load balancer. Click Create to proceed.
3. If you click the Open in Browser button for the LiteSpeed balancer, one of the backend application servers will be automatically accessed.
4. To manage your load balancer, you can access its Admin Panel. Click the appropriate button in the Additionally list next to the layer (access credentials are sent via email after the node creation).
There are some specifics while working with the Jelastic PaaS implementation of the LiteSpeed via the admin panel:
- to ensure container stability, the Jelastic-native redeploy feature should be used instead of the Actions > Version Manager functionality
- the notification about the license key expiration in the Actions > Server Log Viewer should be ignored as the leasing is automatically managed by the platform
Specifically for Jelastic PaaS, there was created a more flexible pricing model for LiteSpeed balancers that suits dynamic cloud environments. You are charged based on the network traffic processed by the node at the rate of 0.01$ per GB. Herewith, in case there was no traffic at all during an hour, the minimum fee for the license usage (0.01$) is charged.
The maximum total charge per month is 65$, i.e. any traffic over the 6500 GB is free of charge until the end of the month (the starting date is defined by the very first charge).