How to deploy Joomla to Jelastic cloud
You can have a Joomla instance up and running within minutes using Jelastic one-click install option.
Just click Get it hosted now, type your email and install Joomla in a minute skipping the steps of manual installation.
Find more details about Jelastic App Packaging at our Solutions page.
Instruction on Manual Joomla Installation
This is a step-by-step instruction on deploying Joomla into Jelastic cloud so you can use it as a content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
To host a PHP Joomla application follow the next instruction:
A. Create an environment
Log in toJelastic Manager
While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left:
Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.3 and MySQL database. In a minute your environment with both Apache and MySQL will be created and appear in the environment list.
B. Upload the application
- Go to the official Joomla web-site and download .zip archive by clicking Download Joomla! 3.0 button.
- Upload this .zip archive to the Deployment manager.
- Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
C. Configure database
- Once the deployment is finished, click Open in browser button for MySQL node.
- When you created the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create an account and the database with the application using these credentials.
D. Install Joomla
Click the Open in browser button for Apache in your environment.
Follow the steps of Joomla installation starting with Main Configuration settings.
At the Database Configuration stage fill in the required fields in the following way:
- choose Database Type: MySQL or MariaDB
- state Host Name (insert the link to your database without “http://” and “/")
- type Username (which you’ve entered while creating database or just root)
- type Password (which you’ve entered while creating database or which you’ve got by email)
- type Database name (which you’ve entered while creating database)
- Click Next button
The final step is Overview:
- Choose Sample Data from the list if you want to install any.
- Activate Email Configuration if you want to get the settings info to your email after installation.
- Look through configurations and click Install button. Now you have your own Joomla in Jelastic PHP Cloud. Enjoy!