Joget Cluster Tutorial
Joget Workflow is an open source building platform with a wide range of the tools. It enables you to easily create full-fledged enterprise web applications for the cloud and mobile. Also it is a rapid application development platform with the complete agile development capabilities, such as consisting of processes, drag-and-drop forms, lists, extension via plugins, CRUD and UI elements, not just back-end EAI/integration/task-based or orchestration interface.
With the developed Joget plugin architecture you can easily extend and integrate the platform with other systems.
Joget provides developers with the following capabilities:
- building not just processes, but apps
- increasing productivity and efficiency of your application
- comfortable work with a user-friendly GUI
- reducing the cost of training for employees
To get the highly-available and reliable clustered Joget environment in the Jelastic platform follow the instruction below.
1. Log in to the Jelastic dashboard and click Create environment.
2. In the opened environment topology wizard choose your Java app server (e.g. Tomcat) and obligatory switch on High-Availability to pair up your application instances.
Pick up the database you want to work with (for example, MySQL). Specify the amount of resources for each node within cloudlet sliders.
3. After that specify the name for your new environment (e.g. joget-cluster) and press the Create button at the bottom of the wizard.
In just a minute your clustered environment will be created and appears in the dashboard.
Upload Java Package
1. Navigate to the Joget official site and download the latest Joget Workflow Enterprise Edition (Linux bundle) by clicking the Download Now button.
2. Extract the files from the downloaded package and find there jw.war and jwdesigner.war files in the joget-enterprise-linux-x.x.x/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps folder. Upload them to the dashboard within Deployment manager.
3. Deploy uploaded .war files to the different contexts (for example jw and jwdesigner respectively).
1. Open phpMyAdmin panel for the MySQL node by clicking Open in Browser button next to it in your environment. Log in using the credentials Jelastic has sent you after adding the DB node to the environment.
2. Create the new jwdb database for your Joget cluster.
3. Navigate to the Query window and import there jwdb-empty.sql file (it is located in joget-enterprise-linux-x.x.x/data folder of the extracted package) according to your needs. All the necessary tables will be created.
1. Go back to the Jelastic dashboard and click the Config button for your servlet container (Tomcat in our case).
2. In the opened config manager navigate to the app_datasource-default.properties file in the home/wflow folder and specify there the properties for the database connection using the code below as an example:
3. Finally, click Save button and restart your server.
Now you have your own Joget cluster in the Jelastic cloud.
Open the jw context in a web browser to see the Joget welcome page. To start working with it log in with the default credentials (admin/admin).
Get all the benefits of using scalable, high-available and reliable Joget cluster! Hope this tutorial helped you.