IIS 8 Application Server
The Internet Information Services (IIS) web server is distributed as a component of Windows Server OS and ensures a secure, easy-to-manage and extensible platform for hosting websites, services, and applications. Jelastic provides version 8.0 of this server with the embedded ASP.NET 4.5 support. IIS also includes various modules for security, filtering, caching, compression, redirects and logging.
Here is the list of main benefits you can achieve by using IIS:
- Microsoft’s .NET framework and ASPX scripts support
- audio and video content streaming with the help of default media pack modules
- in-depth diagnostic tools such as failed request tracing, request monitoring and runtime data
To get the IIS application server at Jelastic, simply follow the instruction below.
IIS 8 at Jelastic
Log in to your Jelastic dashboard and click the New environment button.
In the opened Environment Topology window select the .NET language tab, where the IIS 8 application server will be picked by default as the only available one currently. Then set the amount of allocated and available resources for it, enable the Public IP option if needed, edit the environment name (e.g. type iis-server) and click on Create.
3. In a few minutes your environment will be created and will appear at the dashboard.
As a result, you’ll receive an email with credentials and data for establishing the RDP connection to your remote IIS desktop, where you can perform the additional server configurations.
4. Now, if you use the Open in browser button, the IIS8 welcome page will be opened.
Give it a try, explore, experience the benefits and enjoy. Also, check out our .NET Project Management guide, which contains the details on .NET applications deployment workflow (both manual package deployment and publishing a project directly from the Visual Studio using the WebDeploy tool).