How to Deploy Ganib to Jelastic PAI
Ganib Enterprises is one of the world’s most popular and widely used open source project management software. The open source Ganib product suite includes an array of modules that provide project management system (PMS), project portfolio management (PPM), project plans, project dashboard, documents management, time and attendance tracking (PTO), timesheet, desktop time tracking and screen capture tool, etc.
Let’s see how to deploy Ganib to Jelastic Cloud.
A. Create an Environment
1. Open environment topology wizard by clicking Create environment button and choose Tomcat application server and MySQL database nodes. Set resource limits for them, enter environment name, and press Create.
2. In a few moments your new environment will appear at the panel.
B. Ganib Deployment
1. To download Ganib project management system’s community edition navigate to the Sourceforge page.
2. Open the latest release folder (Ganib 3.3 in our case) and download ganib.war file it contains.
3. Navigate back to the Jelastic dashboard and upload .war file you’ve just downloaded.
4. Finally, click Deploy to button and choose previously created environment in the list.
5. In a minute Ganib application will be deployed to the chosen environment.
C. MySQL Configuration
1. Click Open in browser button next to the MySQL node in your environment.
2. While you were creating the environment, Jelastic sent you the email with credentials to the database. Create a user and a database (e.g. ganib) using these credentials.
3. After that unpack the downloaded Ganib .war file and find ganib.sql file in the database folder. Import it to the database you’ve created at the previous step.
Wait for a few minutes till this operation will be completed.
D. Ganib Configuration
1. Navigate back to the dashboard and click Config button for Tomcat server:
3. Then navigate to the server > context.xml file and add the following lines at the very bottom before closing Context tag.
<Resource name="jdbc/GanibDB” auth="Container” type="javax.sql.DataSource” username="root” password=”” driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver” url=”” maxActive="125” maxIdle="25” />
Note you should specify settings of your database in these strings:
4. Save the changes you’ve made.
5. Press Restart next to the Tomcat node in order to apply the configuration changes.
E. Start the Application
1. Finally, click Open in browser button near your environment.
2. You will see the Ganib start page and can proceed to using it.
Now you have your own Ganib application deployed with Jelastic Cloud. Enjoy!