- Dump export from PostgreSQL
- Connect to your PosgreSQL database using any desktop client (we use SQL Manager for PostgreSQL as an example). Click on Services -> Backup database.
- Select host for backup: enter your Public IP, username and password, sent by Jelastic.
- Choose server objects to backup.
- Specify format of the output file and your dump file name.
- Select backup options for database objects.
- Set backup options.
- Then set dump creation options.
- Finally, click Run button to backup your database.
- Dump import to PostgreSQL
- To perform dump import to PostgreSQL database click on Services -> Restore database.
- Choose the host to restore database on: enter your Public IP, username and password sent by Jelastic.
- Navigate to the source file for restoring.
- Then select the script conversion encoding.
- In the next window choose the restoring type.
- Set advanced restoring options if needed.
- Click Run button to restore your database.
- Navigate back to the Jelastic dashboard and open PostgreSQL in a browser. Using the credentials sent by Jelastic, sign in to the phpPgAdmin page. Choose example table and you will see your imported dump.
Your dump file will be in the directory, the path to which you have specified. Now you can open it and ensure that an export was successful (...SQL Manager for PostgreSQLMetadatapostgres on 18.104.22.168mydump1.sql).
That's all! Hope this how-to was useful for you.