How to Deploy Drupal to Jelastic PaaS
You can have a Drupal instance up and running within minutes using Jelastic one-click install option.
The process is simple - just click Get it hosted now, type your email and install Drupal in a minute skipping the steps of manual installation.
Manual Drupal Installation
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world. Let’s deploy it to Jelastic PaaS right now!
It’s pretty easy, just follow a few simple steps below:
Create an Environment
1. Log in to Jelastic dashboard.
2. Click the Create environment button at the top left:
3. Pick Apache PHP application server and MySQL (or MariaDB) database.
In a minute your environment with both Apache and MySQL will be created and appear in the environment list.
4. Click Config button for your Apache server.
5. Navigate to etc folder and open php.ini file.
6. Add extension=gd.so line after extension=mysql.so.
7. Save the changes and Restart the node.
Upload the Application
1. Go to the official Drupal web-site and download .zip archive. For that just click Download Drupal button and choose the appropriate version in the opened window.
2. Upload this .zip archive to the Deployment Manager.
3. Once the package is in Jelastic, Deploy it to the environment you have just created.
1. Once the deployment is finished, click Open in Browser button for MySQL node.
2. When you created the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create an account and the database with the application using these credentials.
1. Click the Open in Browser button for Apache in your environment.
2. Process of installation is rather simple, but let’s pay more attention to the database connection. Fill in the required fields in the following way:
- choose Database Type: MySQL, MariaDB, or equivalent
- type Database name (which you’ve entered while creating database)
- type Database Username (which you’ve entered while creating database or just root)
- type Database Password (which you’ve entered while creating database or which you’ve got by email)
- state Database Host (insert the link to your database without “http://” and “/")
- Click Save and Continue button
3. Fill in the last form of installation. That’s all!
Now you can easily use Drupal in Jelastic PaaS.