Docker Engine Deployment
Jelastic PaaS provides support for the Docker Engine Community Edition with full compatibility to the native Docker ecosystem. Such integration makes it possible to work with the core tools of Docker container technology, namely:
- Docker Engine - processes Dockerfile manifests or runs pre-built container images
- Docker Registry - stores and provides access to numerous public and private images that are intended for deployment within Docker Engine
- Docker Compose - helps to assemble applications that consist of multiple components with all the required configurations declared in a single compose file
- Docker Swarm - represents several independent Docker nodes, interconnected into a cluster
1. Docker Engine CE is delivered in the form of the pre-packaged solution available through the Jelastic Marketplace. Use search or locate the package under the Dev & Admin Tools category:
Tip: You can also install Docker Engine CE via the topology wizard from the Extra Services section.
2. When installing from Marketplace, you can select the required Docker Version from the drop-down list and choose from the several deployment options to automate some common operations:
- Create a clean standalone engine - sets up a bare node with just a Docker daemon inside. If needed, you can additionally install Portainer UI - a web-based management tool
- Connect to an existing swarm cluster - automatically includes this new Docker Engine into the existing Docker Swarm cluster (the appropriate cluster’s Join Token and Host IP are required)
- Deploy containers from compose.yml - automatically deploys an application from the linked custom repository
Confirm installation by providing general info (Environment, Display Name, Region) and clicking the Install button.