1. Press Config button for Apache application server again.
2. Navigate to the webroot > config folder and create a new diaspora.yml file there. Then find diaspora.yml.example configuration file in the same folder, copy its content, and paste it into the newly created file.
3. After that navigate to the configuration section in this file and change the following values:
- scroll a bit lower and find the settings for remote Redis connection in the same file:
## URL for a remote redis.
## Don't forget to restrict the IP access!
## Leave it commented out for the default (localhost)
Delete the # symbol from the #redis: 'redis://username:password@host:6379/0' line. Then substitute the values in this parameter with your own data, received via email after the environment creation (letter with Cartridge has been successfully created subject).
Change username and password values to the credentials for admin access to your Redis node. The same story with the host word: substitute it with the DNS address you can find in this letter.
It’s time to Save the changes!
4. Then navigate to the application.rb file, located in the same config folder. Find # config.i18n.default_locale = :de string and change its value to :en.
Don’t forget to press the Save button in the panel above.
5. After that find the defaults.yml file (still in the config folder). At the #142-144 lines (or about it) you can see the following lines:
i_am_a_dummy: # Remove if you add an actual override
Please, delete the line started with “i_am_a_dummy” string, and change an url parameter’s value to the host url of your environment (it can be seen in the e-mail you’ve got earlier or by pressing the Open in browser button next to your environment and copying URL in the address bar).
You should get something like following:
Save the changes.
6. Finally, create new rake_deploy file in the webroot folder. Enter the following strings there:db:createdb:schema:loadassets:precompile
7. Press Save button one more time and Restart the Apache node in order to apply all the configurations you’ve made.
Note: first restart of the server after new settings applying can take some amount of time, please, be patient.
8. Now you can press Open in browser button for your environment and start working with your own Diaspora* application hosted.