How to Install Coppermine into your Jelastic PaaS
Coppermine Photo Gallery is a specialized CMS for creating and managing photo galleries in the Internet. It has been translated into dozens of languages. Powered by PHP/MySQL, Coppermine is open-source and freeware.
It is not a rocket science to get Coppermine inside your Jelastic PaaS. Just follow the instruction.
Create an Environment
2. Click the Create environment button which can be seen in the upper left corner of your Jelastic dashboard.
3. Choose the PHP tab and pick up the Apache and MySQL nodes there. State the cloudlets limits for the chosen servers and name your environment (for example, coppermine). Now click the Create button.
4. Your environment has appeared in your Jelastic dashboard with both Apache and MySQL.
Upload the Application
1. Go to the official Coppermine web-site and download its .zip archive by clicking the Download button.
2. Go back to the Jelastic dashboard. Open the Upload archive frame via the Deployment Manager and choose .zip archive you have just downloaded. Now click the Upload button.
3. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created by clicking the Deploy to icon and then Deploy button.
1. Open the phpMyAdmin panel for your database. You can reach it via the Access URL you’ve got in the email about MySQL node adding right after your environment has been created.
Or click Open in Browser button for MySQL server in the Jelastic dashboard.
2. In the mentioned above email you can also find the Login and the Password. Use them for logging into the phpMyAdmin panel.
3. Go to the Users tab and press Add user link. Create a new user (e.g. coppermine) with an option Create database with same name and grant all privileges ticked. Click the Go button.
1. Switch back to your Jelastic dashboard and click the Open in Browser button for Apache in your environment.
2. Click the here link to get the classical installation view.
3. In the opened window specify a Username, Password and Email for your administrator user.
Then fill in the following fields:
- MySQL Host (insert the link to your database without http://)
- MySQL Username and Database name (the one you’ve created during database configuring)
- MySQL Password (the one you’ve entered for the created DB user)
Click Let’s Go!
4. Read the provided information and click Let’s continue! button.
That’s all! For now your Coppermine is ready to work right in your Jelastic PaaS. Congratulations!