How to Install Concrete5 into your Jelastic PaaS
Concrete5 is free and open source content management system (CMS).
It was designed for easy usage so even newbies with a minimal set of technical skills can work with it. You can edit the content of your site without leaving the page instead of using an administrative interface or web editors.
This CMS is really convenient for promo, educational, news and intranet sites. It is quite easy to deploy Concrete5 into your Jelastic PaaS. Please read how you can perform it below.
Create an Environment
1. Log in to the Jelastic Platform. Click the Create Environment button at the top left of your Jelastic dashboard.
2. Go to the PHP tab. Choose Apache application server, PHP 5.3 version and MySQL database.
3. State the cloudlets limits for each of added nodes. Name your environment (concrete in our case) and click the Create button.
In a minute your environment with both Apache and MySQL servers will be created and will appear in the environments list.
Upload the Application
1. Go to the official Concrete5 web-site and choose the Latest Stable Version for download.
2. Click the Upload button at the Deployment manager panel of the Jelastic dashboard and choose the received .zip archive for uploading.
3. Once the package is in Jelastic, you can see the file in the Deployment manager. Click the Deploy to button next to it and choose the environment you have just created.
4. In the opened frame specify the context Concrete5 will be deployed to (or just leave it blank) and click the Deploy button.
Now you have got your application deployed.
1. Click the Open in Browser button for MySQL node in your environment.
2. When your environment was created, Jelastic sent you an email with database credentials. Use the username and password from this email to log into the phpMyAdmin panel.
3. Go to the Users tab and press Add user link.
In the opened frame specify the desired User name and Password, tick the Create database with same name and grant all privileges option, and click the Go button.
1. Switch back to the Jelastic dashboard and click the Open in Browser icon for Apache application server in your environment.
2. Follow the first steps of the Concrete5 installation: choose the preferable language, ensure your configurations meet the needed requirements, and click the Continue to Installation button.
3. Fill in all the fields with Site, Database and Administrator information:
- Name Your Site: insert the desired name of your site
- Email Address: type the email of administrator user
- Password: specify the password for administrator user
- Server: paste the link to your database without *http://*
- MySQL Username: enter the name of database user you’ve created while DB configuring
- MySQL Password: type the password you’ve specified for a new database user
- Database Name: it is similar to the DB user name you’ve entered while configuring the database
Now click the Install Concrete5 button.
4. Wait a bit: it is a database creation time!
When it is finished, press the Continue to your site button.
5. If you see the same great picture (or kind of) as on the screenshot below, you have reached your goal having the Concrete5 CMS inside your Jelastic PaaS. Congratulations!