Certified Container Deployment
The platform offers the most popular software stacks as pre-configured and managed solutions for quick deployment and comfortable management. All of these certified containers are thoroughly tested and optimized specifically for use within the Jelastic platform. Customizations include regular updates to the latest software version and additional integrations (such as auto-optimization based on the assigned resources, automated SSL certificates installation and application deployment, built-in auto-clustering, etc.).
1. The deployment of certified containers is performed via the topology wizard, which can be opened by clicking on the New Environment button.
2. Within the opened window, switch to the tab with the preferred programming language (Java, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Node.js, or Python).
3. All certified containers are added through the topology part of the wizard (the left one), where stacks are grouped by their purpose:
- Load Balancers - stacks that operate as an entry point for the environment to distribute incoming request and create even load on other nodes
- Application Servers (compute nodes) - web servers that run your application
- Databases (SQL & NoSQL) - database solutions to store and manage data
- Cache Node - a Memcached object caching system for speeding up web applications through alleviating database load
- Shared Storage - dedicated storage node with NFSv4 support, enlarged disk space, and optimized performance
- Elastic VPS - virtual private servers on top of the CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and Windows OS
- Build Node - a build automation tool for Java projects
- Extra (custom layers) - any of the stacks mentioned above
Use this section as a constructor that helps to visualize and easily adjust your topology.
4. Jelastic PaaS offers multiple options of certified containers for each role within your environment topology. Just click on the required section to expand a list of the most popular solutions. For example, certified load balancers are represented via the following options:
Additionally, you can choose the exact version of the preferred software.
5. You can configure added nodes (vertical and horizontal scaling, disk limit, public IPs, etc.) via the central part of the wizard. Certified containers can have additional options, e.g. Auto-Clustering.
That’s all! Click Create and wait a few minutes for the environment with certified containers to be deployed.