How to Install Celebrity Chat into Jelastic PaaS
Celebrity Chat is a simple chat application, where each person that comes to the page gets assigned the name of a celebrity. You can chat with each other. Role play. Keep it PG.
This app with a fairly simple code shows the killer feature of NodeJS: websockets. It exchanges a few messages with server and client in real time. The libraries used are express, ejs, and a websockets library called socket.io.
Let’s examine how to get the Celebrity Chat application hosted just in a few minutes with the help of Jelastic platform.
Create an Environment
1. Log in to the Jelastic Platform within your credentials and click Create environment button in the upper left corner.
2. In the opened dialog box switch to the Node.js tab. Application server will be already chosen as the only available one, therefore determine the required resources amount for it using the cloudlets sliders, type your environment name (e.g. celebritychat), and click Create button.
3. Your environment will be created in a minute.
1. Navigate to the Celebrity Chat project at GitHub. Click Copy to clipboard button at the HTTPS clone URL field.
2. Then return to the Jelastic dashboard and click Add project icon next to your NodeJS server.
3. In the opened frame switch to the Git tab and fill in the URL text field with an HTTPS link you’ve just copied at GitHub.
Click Add button to proceed.
4. Wait until the project is successfully added and built. Then just run the application by means of pressing Open in Browser icon next to your environment.
Congrats! Now you can start use your own Celebrity Chat.
Share with your friends and have fun!