Hover over a running environment to see a few more icons showing up:
- Open in browser
- Clone environment
- Change environment topology
- Delete environment
1. Hover over the region icon to instantly display its label (name). Clicking on it will open the Migration section within the Settings frame below.
2. Click theOpen in browser icon to open the environment in a new browser tab.
Note that this option could be absent in case your environment consists of Docker®-based containers or just does not include an application server (i.e. no web interface is handled by default).
3. Click on Settings to open a tab with a number of configurations available. There are ten options here: Custom domains, Custom SSL, SSH Access, Monitoring, Endpoints, Migration, Account Management, Change Owner, Export and Info.
Select Custom domains to access the following suboptions: Domain binding and Swap domains.
Choose the Custom SSL option and upload the necessary files in order to apply your custom SSL Certificate.
Click on SSH Access to add your public SSH keys and get the ability to connect securely to your environments’ containers and execute the required commands there.
Note that SSH settings are applied to the whole account but not to a separate environment.
Select Monitoring in order to start tracking the amount of resources your environment consumes.
Note that this feature is currently unavailable for the Docker®-based containers.
Use Load Alerts to set sending of email notifications in case the specified resource’s usage exceeds the stated limits.
Within the Auto Horizontal Scaling suboption you can configure triggers for changing the amount of nodes depending on your web/application node CPU or RAM consumption.
The Logs section contains records about all the events that occurred due to the configurations, set using the two abovementioned sections.
Within the Endpoints section you can manage the mapping of your containers’ TCP/UDP ports for ensuring their collaboration with the external resources via a direct connection.
More info: Endpoints
Choose Migration to move your environment to another set of hardware.
Note that the availability of this option, as well as its allowance for each particular environment region, depends on your hosting provider’s settings.
Select Account Management to see the list of accounts which have access to the current environment.
If you need to share the environment with another account, click Add and fill in the Email field. You can also tick Change Topology / SSH Access if you would like to give such permissions to a user. Click Save.
More info: Account Collaboration
Click Change Owner in order to transfer the environment to another user’s account within the confines of a single platform.
More info: Environment Transferring
Select Export in order to pack all your environment’s settings and data into a single downloadable file, that can be subsequently restored at another hosting provider’s platform for creation of the identical and ready-to-use environment.
More info: Environment Export and Import
Switch to the Info section to see the additional information on an environment’s domain (except the Docker®-based ones and environments with no application server), creator/owner (they can differ due to the account collaboration feature), region and the date/time of its creation.
4. To Clone the environment, click on the appropriate button. In the opened frame, specify the name for a new environment and click Clone.More info:
5. In order to Change the environment topology, select the needed option . Perform the required changes in the appeared Environment topology dialog box and click Apply to submit them.
6. To Delete an environment, click on the red cross icon and confirm that you really want to do this by entering your password.
7. To change the status of an environment, use the Start and Stop buttons (located in the Status environment column).
Note: When environment is stopped, only the Settings, Clone environment, Delete environment and Start buttons are available.
Also, the opened Settings
tab for such an environment will contain only four active options: Migration, Account Management
, Change Owner