Jelastic Java Dashboard Guide
Sign In. Create, Modify and Delete Environments
- Go to http://jelastic.com and sign up if you have not done so yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials. To sign in, click Sign In in the upper right corner of the page and choose your service provider from the drop-down list. Now the dashboard is open.
- Click Create environment in the upper left corner of the dashboard.
- The Environment topology dialog box will be opened, where you can customize your environment settings. You have two modes available to you within the Wizard - Basic and Expert.
- Choose Basic mode by clicking on the button as shown below:
- If you want to be able to fully customize your environment, use Expert. The Wizard will look like this:
- Application Servers
- Type and version of application server
- Java version
- High Availability
- Public IP
- SQL Database
- NoSQL Database
- Additional options:
- Build node
- Summary list
- Change the status of the environment
- Delete environment
- If you want to set up load balancing, simply switch on the nginx by clicking Balancing button (it is automatically enabled if you use more than one server). Then, specify the cloudlet limits for vertical scaling (fixed and dynamic amount of cloudlets you want to use) in the center section of Environment topology window. If you need an external IP address, switch on the Public IPv4 (please note: this is a paid add-on).
- Click the Application servers button.
- In the first drop-down menu choose the application server you want to use (GlassFish 3.1, Jetty 6.1, TomEE 1.6, Tomcat 6, Tomcat 7).
- In the second drop-down menu choose your desired Java version (Java6, Java7 or Java 8).
- If you need it, you can switch on High Availability. You can also add a Public IPv4 (please note: this is a paid add-on).
You can change the cloudlet limits per server (vertical scaling) using the sliders (for fixed and dynamic amount of cloudlets separately).
Use the +/- buttons between the application server icons to change the horizontal scaling (more or less nodes).
More info: Java Versions
- Using the Cache icon you can add a Memcached node. Use the sliders to change the cloudlet limits for your vertical scaling
- There are two sets of databases available: SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Click on the SQL icon to activate an SQL Database. You can choose your database from the drop-down list: MariaDB 5.5, MariaDB 10.0, MySQL, PostgreSQL 8.4 or PostgreSQL 9.3. Then specify the cloudlet limits using the sliders. If you need it, switch on the Public IPv4 (please note: this is a paid add-on).
- Сlick on the NoSQL icon to activate a NoSQL Database. Choose your desired database from the drop-down menu: MongoDB or CouchDB. Then specify the cloudlet limit using the slider. If you need a public IP, switch on the Public IPv4 (please note: this is a paid add-on).
- In the last block you have several additional options: VDS, SSL and Maven.
- If you want to use a Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS) click on the VDS icon. You can scale it vertically by changing the cloudlet limits. Note that when you add a VDS you automatically get a Public IP.
- If you want to activate an SSL, click on the corresponding icon to switch it on. Jelastic gives you an opportunity to choose between Jelastic SSL and Custom SSL
- On the far right, in the Resources (cloudlets) you will see the amount of selected cloudlets for all environment, your discount and approximate Total monthly cost.
- Name column includes name of the environment and its domain. Using the triangle mark before the environment’s name you can expand the list of nodes it consists of.
- Status column with the status of an environment, which can be Sleeping, Running, Stopped or Launching.
- Deployed column with the name of deployed to environment application package (if it was deployed).
- Usage column with the amount of cloudlets and disk space environment consumes.
- Owner optional column with the name of environment’s owner. This column appears if only you are included to the Account Collaboration.
- To change the status of an environment click Start or Stop for the desired environment.
- To delete the environment hover over it and then select Delete environment.
Using this mode you can create a simple environment quickly. All you have to do is select your application server and database, and type your desired environment name and click Create.
More info: VDS
Use Cost details and Quotas&pricing for more detailed information on resource consumption and price.
The Deployment Manager is used to upload files and to deploy them to running environments.
- Click the Upload button to get Upload archive dialog box. You can browse to the desired file or specify a URL. You can fill the Comment field if you want and then click Upload.
- Select the uploaded file and click on Deploy to to see the drop-down menu with the names of the current environments. Select the desired environment for deployment and dialog box will open.
- In the opened dialog box select one of the existing contexts or type a new one and click Deploy.
More info: Java App Deployment
Function Icons for Running Environments
- Click the Open in browser option to open the environment in a new browser window.
- Click on Settings to open a new tab. In this tab there are five options: Custom domains, Custom SSL, SSH Access, Account Management and Info.
- Select Custom domains to have access to two options: Domain binding and Swap domains.
- Select Custom SSL to upload necessary files in order to use your Custom SSL Certificate.
- Select SSH Access to add your public SSH keys and get ability to connect securely to your environments’ containers and execute the required commands on them.
More info: Custom SSL
Note that SSH settings are applied to the whole account but not to a separate environment.
More info: SSH Overview
- Select Account Management to see the list of accounts with access to the environment. If you want to share the environment with a new account, click Add and fill in the Email field. Also you can tick Change Topology / SSH Access if you would like to give such permissions to a user. Click Save.
- Select Info to see the additional information on environment’s creator/owner (they can differ due to collaboration feature) and date/time it was created at.
More info: Account Collaboration
More info: Clone environment
Function Icons for Each Instance
Click the triangle before the name of the environment in the upper window to expand the drop-down menu, showing the selected application servers, databases and deployed files. Hover over the instance and use the pop-up icons for the functions:
- Click the Open in browser option to open the application server, database, balancer or VDS node in a new browser window.
- To Restart node select that option and confirm that you want to restart it.
- Select the Config option to open a tab in the middle area of the dashboard to be able to change the configuration the compute node (uploading and modifying files).
- Select the Log option to open a tab in the middle area of the dashboard for viewing the log files of the selected node.
- Select the Statistics option to see the statistics and information on CPU, RAM, Network and HDD.
- For more options, click on the down arrow to see another drop-down menu available for some instances: Info, Reset password, Public IP, Add-ons and Add project to Maven.
The Task panel at the bottom of the dashboard shows data about the tasks that Jelastic Engine is doing or has already done.
This panel gives information about Date, Name and Status of each task.
Additional Options: Marketplace, Search box, Upgrade trial account, Help, Balance, Settings, Email address
Near Create environment option you can see the Marketplace button:
Click it to get access to the list of preconfigured packaged applications. Choose the desired one and click Install in order to automatically create an appropriate environment and deploy the chosen application.
More info: MarketplaceIn the upper right corner of the dashboard there are several additional options:
- Search box
- Upgrade trial account (Upgrade trial account, Learn about trial limitations, Learn about pricing, See statistics on recent resource usage)
- Help (Contact support, Docs, Video, Go to community, Show Jelastic tutorial)
- Balance (Balance (cash\bonus), Refresh balance, Refill balance, Configure auto-refill, Payment methods, Quotas & pricing, Billing history, View invoices)
- Email address (Change password, Language, Signout)
- If you have any questions on using our platform you can use How do I..? search box. Simply enter the question you are interested in and you'll be redirected to the list of appropriate Jelastic documents which may help you.
- If you are a trial user, you can see the Upgrade trial account button. Click it to open drop-down menu with the following options: Upgrade trial account; Learn about trial limitations; Learn about pricing and See statistics on recent resource usage.
- Use the Upgrade trial account to convert your account to a fully functional one with no limitations.
- The Learn about trial limitations button will give you information about Account limitations and Pricing.
- The Learn about pricing button redirects you to the hoster's page with information about pricing.
- Click the See statistics on recent resource usage to open your Billing history.
- The Help drop-down menu gives you access to Contact support, Docs, Video, Go to community, Contact support and Show Jelastic tutorial.
More info: Billing system
More info: Quotas System
More info: Pricing System
- Contact support is a hyperlink to your hoster's Support page (sometimes available only for billing users).
- The Docs option is a hyperlink to the Jelastic Documentation (http://docs.jelastic.com/) .
- The Video option is a hyperlink to the Jelastic Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/JelasticCloud).
- The Go to community option links to the Jelastic online community.
- Show Jelastic tutorial button switches on the step-by-step instruction for beginners showing you how to get started with Jelastic.
- If you are a billing user, you can click Balance button to see such options as: your Balance, Refresh balance, Refill balance, Configure auto-refill, Payment methods, Quotas & pricing, Billing history, View invoices.
- Balance line shows your general balance and its components: cash and bonus. By clicking on this line you can open the window of refilling the balance.
- Refresh balance option allows you to see changes of your balance while working in dashboard.
- Click on Refill balance to open the window with Payment options and Submit Payment function.
- Clicking the Configure auto-refill button opens the window where you can configure Auto refill of the balance by choosing one of the options: Weekly, Monthly or when Balance is less then specified sum.
- Payment methods option gives you an opportunity to choose your default payment method or add the new one.
- Click on the Quotas & pricing button to see the set of tabs with info about the prices for using Jelastic resources and Account Limits.
- Billing history shows your spends in the specified period. You can group these spends by such intervals as hour, day, week and month. Expand the needed item to see the Node type, name of Environment with this node, Usage of resources, Internal\External traffic and Cost for using this node.
- Click on the View invoices option to see the invoices which should be paid.
SSH Access section gives you a possibility to add previously generated SSH key to your account and in such a way obtain the ability to securely access and manage your containers via SSH.
More info: SSH Access
Collaboration option contains two items: Account Management and Shared with Me. The first one allows you to share certain activities with other accounts by means of creating and configuring your own collaboration, the second one - manage already shared with you accounts.
More info: Account Collaboration
- Click Change password to open the Change password dialog box. Fill in required fields: Current password, New password and Confirm password. Then click Change password.
- Use the Language option to change the language of the dashboard.
- Click Signout to leave the dashboard.