For more secure work of your production environments it is recommended to get and process the requests using Public IP address attached to any instance in the environment with your application. It's more stable solution with less risk to be affected by many apps which use shared Resolver.
The advantages of using Public IP address:
- The application cannot be affected within Jelastic upgrades, even hypothetically, as all requests will bypass Resolver;
- It allows you to get connection secured by means of Custom SSL feature. It means that SSL connection for your custom domain names can be established using your own custom certificates;
- It provides you with ability to have FTP add-on installed;
- If you attach Public IP address to your database instance it provides you with the opportunity to work with your databases remotely. You can import and export dumps from your computer without having to login to our dashboard. And you are not restricted in data size uploading;
- Remote debugging is a pretty useful benefit. You can debug your code from your IDE;
- One more thing to consider is the capability that a Public IP lets you use web-sockets and polling. So, if you open a page with upcoming messages and expect them to be updated as soon as a new message arrives, a public IP is what you need. It is great for interactive applications.
To attach Public IP address to any environment instance (except Maven) you need to switch on Public IPv4 in the Environment topology window.
In order to find your Public IP, expand the appropriate server string for the list of added nodes to be displayed, and click the additional button (with gear icon) next to the desired one. You'll see the attached IPs listed, wherein the second address is the required external IP (while the first one is internal).
Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) is the fourth revision in the development of the Internet Protocol (IP) and the first version of the protocol to be widely deployed.
- This service is paid. The pay is taken for every hour of using Public IPv4. The price for one hour is stated by the hoster and you can find it at the dashboard.
- If you do not add Public IP address, all your requests will follow through Jelastic Global Resolver.
- If you have Public IP enabled for any node in your environment, you can't Swap domains.